Weaving - A start

I recently decided to take up weaving after my husband complained that he needed a "man scarf" and I never make him anything.  He is prone to wearing only dark colors in shades of black and grey which I find uninspiring.  When I knit a scarf, the fiber and the color needs to be something I am in love with otherwise I will never finish it.  I thought weaving might be a faster way to produce a scarf that my husband would be most likely to wear.

After hours of research, I found this wonderful website, Backstrap Weaving.  I found the level of detail in the tutorials outstanding and the explanations easy to follow.  I went through the first tutorial Backstrap Basics, and was able to produce a very lovely and quite useful backstrap for using with my home made loom.


Comments

Popular Posts