Flower Power

Today I made a simple warp float bookmark.  I used the tutorial and flower motif found at Backstrap Weaving.  I doubled the motif and mirrored the second half so it looks like diamonds.


It's a bit long for a bookmark but it fits nicely into one of my textbooks!





I also charted out a snake pattern motif for a belt I would like to work on.  Here I am warping the belt using an ironing board.


I used a four peg method to warp the colors so they will stripe horizontally through the belt.  Warping on and upside down ironing board has proven to be the most effective way for me to warp.  I can raise the feet up higher if I want a shorter warp and lower them all the way down for a longer warp.  This gives me both the range and flexibility I need for the projects I have in mind.  There are also caps on the ends of the metal rods that do a superb job of keeping the threads from popping off.

Comments

Popular Posts